Sunday, November 8, 2009

Jedward & The X Factor

John and Edward triumphed over Lucy this Sunday on the most shocking X factor result yet. I can't actually believe the furore and panic this has caused... clearly evident by just how many facebook statuses are dedicated to the show!

It is an ENTERTAINMENT television show people.

Just to clarify.. I don't intend on buying John & Edward's music, I'd rather they weren't the Christmas number one and I think Lucie can sing a hell of a lot better.

However, I love these wacky-haired Irish kids. They make me cry with laughter on a Saturday night and that's what I want from an entertainment programme. It isn't their fault that they are progressing through the programme each week, it's fools like me who are ringing up and voting for them.

If I was Lucie/Lucie's family/Dannii, then I'd be pissed off yes, but I'm not. I am an ITV viewer who craves cringey, cheesy teenagers singing Ghostbusters with an awesome production behind them.

If Lucie has got such an amazing voice, she'll get a record contract and do well for herself anyway. What will happen if the twins win it? They'll release a single or two then fade into oblivion.. so what? They are two young lads, having fun and entertaining the likes of me on a saturday night.

It is not the be all and end all of someone's music career if they don't win the x factor. The music industry has worked for decades without it and doesn't need people to win the programme to have a lasting career in it.

1 comment:

  1. Just as an additional comment: I did, in fact, buy "Under Pressure". Whoops...

    ReplyDelete